If you like basic, stripped-down furniture, without pomp or circumstance, then take a look at these five project ideas. These are the basic of basic – nothing fancy or high falutin’ — and usually made of just plywood or unfinished wood. Each project comes with instructions on how to make them yourself.
1. Above, a simple platform bed from The Felted Fox that brings together wood and IKEA bed legs.
2. Katleen Roggeman devised a freestanding wardrobe that accommodates hanging clothes, shoes, and even a planter.
3. This swing side table, seen over on Poppytalk, doesn’t have a footprint, which makes it perfect for small spaces,.
4. Another bedframe, made with hairpin legs, that is from A Beautiful Mess. You can spiff it up with their version of a lighted headboard if you like.
5. A fresh take on a nightstand, comprising three stacked boxes threaded through with a copper lamp, from 101 Woonideeen.
(Image credits: The Felted Fox; Katleen Roggeman; Poppytalk; A Beautiful Mess; 101 Woonideeen)