Once in a while bad design takes itself to reform school and things change. While it can be hard not to dwell on the dusty, faded, fraying blooms perched high atop wardrobes and cabinets, or strange, dried-glue-like substance pooling in ugly vases, these faux florals are worth another look.
I found myself having this internal struggle recently while working on a project and I blame the wedding blogs. A wreath I had DIYed was begging for some blooms, a colorful burst to add a bit of pop and my mind went back to a few projects I had previously run across.
I started digging a bit and was immediately seduced by the idea, envisioning all possibilities that beautiful, believable, live-forever, without a care blooms might have.
Here is where it gets a little tricky—quality is expensive and cheap looks… cheap. A well-designed arrangement is important (keep it modern) and they likely won’t fool anyone on close inspection. Keeping that in mind, however, the newest iterations have definitely earned a second look. Here are a few of our favorite versions to DIY or buy.
1. A base of real branches is adorned with faux blooms.
Natural Branch Backdrop, from Avery Street Design.
2. Ferns add a woodland feel to this modern wreath.
Silk Flower Wreath, from Green Wedding Shoes.
3. A beautiful wedding bouquet you won’t believe is fake.
Fake Flower Bridal Bouquet,from Wedding Chicks.
4. A great update on the classic wrist corsage.
Silk Flower Corsage, from Green Wedding Shoes.
5. A pretty floral monogram is perfect for an event or as a unique addition to a gallery wall.
Floral Monogram, from Anna Marie + Me.
6. A colorful combination of succulents and pink roses feels fresh.
Wedding Succulents and Roses Bouquet, from Wedideas on Etsy, $160.
7. Rich tones and plenty of texture are perfect for fall.
Fall Rustic Bouquet, from Wedideas on Etsy, $145.
8. A floral ringlet in pretty plum tones is perfect for fall.
Aleksandra Floral Crown, from June Hart Flowers on Etsy, $95.
9. Like the name suggests, this arrangement is classic and elegant.
Downton Bouquet, from June Hart Flowers on Etsy, $185.
10. This colorful bouquet packs a punch.
Roses, Ranunculus, Sweet Pea and Peony Bouquet, from Fluerdunord on Etsy, $124.
(Image credits: As linked)